CliftonStrengths for Students
Transform your students' lives in college and beyond with Gallup's powerful new book.
Gallup created CliftonStrengths for Students specifically for students -- to help them learn, develop and succeed using their strengths.
The book, a long-awaited follow-up to Gallup's StrengthsQuest (2002), is an invaluable guide that helps students get the most out of their college experiences.
Colleges and universities need tools that will engage students now and in the future -- from the start of their education through graduation.
CliftonStrengths for Students gives students and campus leaders like you the resources, techniques and inspiration to thrive in school and in life after college.
From deciding how to get involved on campus to determining their career path, students can use CliftonStrengths for Students to make choices that consider their natural talents.
These future leaders need your help discovering what they do best. Start transforming students' lives using CliftonStrengths for Students.
"When students not only know their strengths -- but more importantly, apply them -- the effect on their lives is transformational."
- From CliftonStrengths for Students
CliftonStrengths for Students teaches students how to develop their talents into strengths. The book is written directly to students in a conversational style -- connecting with them where they're at.
This essential book helps students:
- learn from real-life examples of how to use their CliftonStrengths on campus
- discover how to identify, develop and apply talents now and in the future
- gain insight on creating effective teams based on CliftonStrengths
- incorporate meaningful internships into their college career
CliftonStrengths for Students includes one access code to take the CliftonStrengths online talent assessment.
After taking the assessment, students will receive a number of personalized reports, including:
- Signature Themes Report, detailing their top five CliftonStrengths themes of talent
- Strengths Insight and Action-Planning Guide, including highly customized descriptions of exactly how their Signature Themes appear in their daily life plus instructions for using their CliftonStrengths to succeed
- Strengths Insight Report, featuring brief overall definitions and personalized descriptions for each of their top five themes
The book includes full definitions of all 34 CliftonStrengths themes of talent, as well as new action items for each theme so students can get a deeper insight into their talents.
Gallup has helped more than 600 campuses discover the power of strengths-based development.
Leaders at these schools have implemented a wide range of best practices to incorporate CliftonStrengths across their campuses -- in classrooms, student organizations, career-planning sessions and internships.
Gallup recommends a variety of approaches:
- Use CliftonStrengths for Students in freshmen students' first-year experience courses.
- Integrate CliftonStrengths for Students into career services departments, creating a holistic career development experience for each student.
- Train faculty, staff and student leaders to be Gallup-Certified Strengths Coaches so they can effectively coach students.
- Use CliftonStrengths for Students in specific colleges and departments, to help create dynamic teams.
- Help students match their talents with those of alumni mentors.
- Use CliftonStrengths for Students to help create meaningful internships.